Flex Gas leverages systems developed for its affiliate, the Transmission System Operator, to ensure our people go home safely and the environment is not adversely affected by our operations.
Additional requirements specifically relating to the operation of a reservoir have been developed or expert advisors engaged to ensure Flex Gas operations at Ahuroa are performed to the same high standards.
Core components of our health, safety and environment (HSE) policies are that Flex Gas will:
- Provide a safe and healthy workplace
- Ensure HSE considerations are part of all business decisions
- Empower our people to suspend activates if safety or the environment could be compromised
- Continually improve all aspects of our health and safety performance
- Preserve and/or improve the environment by operation in a manger that mitigates environmental risks
- Actively maintain worker engagement, participation and HS&E representation across all areas of our business
- Operate in a manager that effectively and efficiently manages health and safety risks
- Promote physical, mental and emotional health so that our people can work safely and sustainably
- Support the recovery of all people who have been impacted by medical illness or physical injury
- Comply with all relevant legislation, standards and codes of practice for the management of HSE
- Communicate to all stakeholders appropriately on HSE matters